Fall 2022 Graduation Process
There are several actions you must take as part of the Fall 2022 graduation process:
- Complete the CEA Graduation Application. The CEA Graduation Application is available now through November 4, 2022. You must submit the CEA Graduation Application and receive an approval notification from the CEA Office of Student Services (OSS) before you can advance to the next step. Access the CEA Graduation Application (via MS Forms).
- Complete the University’s Graduation Application via Bison Web. Access instructions to apply for graduation via Bison Web. The University’s Graduation Application is available now through November 11, 2022. Be sure the information you provide on the University’s Graduation Application is consistent with the information you provide on the CEA Graduation Application. (Please note you will be unable to access the University's Graduation Application until you have been cleared by CEA OSS.)
Completion and approval of the CEA Graduation Application and the University’s Graduation Application will get your name added to the official prospective graduate list for Fall 2022. The prospective graduate list will be shared with department chairs, program directors, and academic advisors to initiate the academic clearance process.
- Meet with your academic advisor. Meet with your academic advisor ASAP to review your academic record and prepare your check sheet to ensure you are on track to receive academic clearance by the end of the Fall 2022 semester. Prospective graduates must satisfy all degree and other academic requirements, including completion of required coursework, minimum cumulative (2.0) and major (2.0) GPAs, and maximum number of credits of “D” grades (no more than 1/6 of the total credit hours required in the academic scheme for your degree program), to receive academic clearance.
Your check sheet will be presented to the faculty in your department, and the faculty will vote to academically clear you to receive your degree.
- Obtain financial clearance. You must be cleared of all financial obligations to the University before you can receive your diploma. Financial obligations include tuition and fee balances, graduation fee, outstanding library, residence life, parking fees, and financial aid exit interview. Additionally, you are expected to return borrowed equipment, including laptops issued by your department. Contact the Office of the Bursar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to settle your account.
The Office of the Bursar will provide the CEA Office of Student Services with a list of prospective graduates who have satisfied their financial obligations to the University.
- Finish Strong! Commit to being your most disciplined self, studying and earning outstanding grades.
December 13, 2022 is the official graduation date for Fall 2022 graduates. You can expect to receive your diploma in the mail within 6-8 weeks of the conferral date.
- Come back for Commencement and the CEA Awards and Recognition Ceremony in May 2023! If your schedule allows (and you are academically and financially cleared), join us in May, along with the Spring 2023 graduates, as we celebrate this significant milestone with you. Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 13, and traditionally, the CEA Awards and Recognition Ceremony is held the Friday before Commencement. More details to come once dates, times, and locations become official.